Door hinges allow the door to pivot away from the doorway in one direction but not in the other. Door Repair Brooklyn will help you with your door hinges replacement. The axis of rotation is usually vertical. In some cases, such as hinged garage doors, the axis may be horizontal, above the door opening. Doors can be hinged so that the axis of rotation is not in the plane of the door to reduce the space required on the side to which the door opens. This requires a mechanism so that the axis of rotation is on the side other than that in which the door opens. This is sometimes the case in trains or airplanes, such as for the door to the toilet, which opens inward.
You will often need door hinge repair. The hinges connect the door to the frame, which again is attached to the wall. When the hinges are not lubricated, rust may accumulate making it difficult to open the door.
These are the types of hinges:
- Pivot Hinge
- Continuous Hinge
- Residential Hinges
These are the types of door services that we do:
- A swing doors has special hinges that allow it to open either outwards or inwards, and is usually sprung to keep it closed
- The selfbolting door principle can be used both for hinged doors as for rotating doors, as well as up-and-over doors
- French doors are derived from an original French design called the casement door. It is a door with lites where all or some panels would be in a casement door. A French door traditionally has a moulded panel at the bottom of the door. Called a French window when used in pairs as double-leaved doors with large glass panels in each door leaf, and in which the doors may swing out (most typical) as well as in.
- Dutch door or stable door; the top half of the door operates independently from the bottom half. A variant exists in which opening the top part separately is possible, but because the lower part has a lip on the inside, closing the top part, while leaving the lower part open, is not.
- Sliding Doors are often useful to have doors which slide along tracks, often for space or aesthetic considerations.
- Revolving door has several wings or leaves, generally four, radiating from a central shaft, forming compartments that rotate about a vertical axis.